Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres seeks intelligent, team-oriented professionals who can contribute to a collaborative environment dedicated to the practice of law and furthering our clients’ goals. We are a transactional and litigation law firm providing exceptional services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders, and family offices. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, handicap or disability, marital status, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or for any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
We are looking for a new Billing Specialist to support our Controller with client invoicing and accounts receivable tracking. Your primary role will be managing the client invoicing process, monitoring the Firm’s accounts receivables, and ensure timely billing and processing of incoming payments. To be successful as a Billing Specialist, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. You should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Billing Specialists must be comfortable with basic financial concepts, excel at both verbal and written communication, and have strong analytical skills.
- Draft and issue invoices.
- Receive and sort incoming client payments.
- Update accounts receivables database.
- Manage client communications regarding invoicing, payments, and past due dates.
- Assist the Controller with financial reporting.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience as a billing specialist or other relevant accounts receivable support experience.
- In-depth understanding of Clio or similar timekeeping and billing software.
- In-depth understanding of QuickBooks online or other similar accounting software.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
About Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres
Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres is a corporate law firm providing services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders and family offices. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, the firm boasts a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers. With offices in Chicago, Lake Forest, and Milwaukee, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with a small, agile, and driven law firm. For more information, please visit us online at crokefairchild.com