Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres seeks intelligent, team-oriented professionals who can contribute to a collaborative environment dedicated to the practice of law and furthering our clients’ goals. We are a transactional and litigation law firm providing exceptional services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders, and family offices. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, handicap or disability, marital status, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or for any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
We are looking for a new Project Assistant to support our corporate transactional group. Your primary role will be supporting attorneys with client needs throughout the lifecycle of a deal. To be successful as a Project Assistant, a candidate should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. You should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. A Project Assistant should exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and be flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities as projects ebb and flow. Most importantly, they should approach their role with the goal of supporting others to achieve the Firm’s mission while practicing excellent judgment, administrative skills and decision making.
- Setting up an entity (DE or IL), including obtaining EIN, operating agreement, organizational resolutions.
- Maintaining LLC/entities, including annual reports, amendments, etc.
- Preparing closing sets.
- Performing definitions checks.
- Preform SEC Form D filings.
- Managing client intake process and conflicts check process.
- Preparing client pitch decks.
- Assisting with word processing including redlining and formatting.
- Managing client correspondence including opening, sorting, and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and mailing client filings to various entities.
- Greeting clients or visitors for meetings, as needed.
- Managing the monthly transactional group meeting.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
About Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres
Croke Fairchild Morgan & Beres is a corporate law firm providing services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders and family offices. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, the firm boasts a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers. With offices in Chicago, Lake Forest, and Milwaukee, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with a small, aagile, and driven law firm. For more information, please visit us online at crokefairchild.com