Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a growing law firm headquartered in Chicago, with a team of over 50 attorneys. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, with a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers and litigators, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with an agile and entrepreneurial-minded team of results-oriented, well-rounded professionals. We are a driven by our core values: humility, respect, collaboration, partnership, and innovation.
We represent a diverse group of interesting clients, which include private equity firms, founders, family offices and public companies (among others), in sophisticated and complex legal matters and transactions.
We are seeking a talented and energetic corporate attorney with at least four (4) years of experience working on corporate and transactional matters, including some experience working on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, has experience handling a variety of matters at any given time, and will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment. Our firm will be a good home for an attorney who is highly motivated and wants to grow and learn in a hands-on environment.
Compensation will be at market rates depending on qualifications. Fully remote opportunities available.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with general corporate matters required (corporate and entity organizations, reorganizations, mergers, contract drafting, some negotiations experience)
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions matters required (i.e., due diligence process, closing process, experience with key agreement terms)
- Experience with investments and venture capital a plus
- Experience with securities offerings (public and private) a plus
- Proactive problem-solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong collaborator with analytical and communication skills, and thorough research and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate directly with clients
- Experience managing and training junior attorneys
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment that is on a growth trajectory
- Active J.D. license in Illinois or another state
About Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres
Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a corporate law firm providing services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders and family offices. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, the firm boasts a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers. With offices in Chicago, Lake Forest, and Milwaukee, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with a small, agile, and driven law firm. For more information, please visit us online at crokefairchild.com