Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a growing law firm headquartered in Chicago, with a team of over 50 attorneys. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, with a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers and litigators, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with an agile and entrepreneurial-minded team of results-oriented, well-rounded professionals. We are a driven by our core values: humility, respect, collaboration, partnership, and innovation.
We represent a diverse group of interesting clients, which include private equity firms, founders, family offices and public companies (among others), in sophisticated and complex legal matters and transactions.
The Accounting Assistant role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day accounting operations by ensuring proper and accurate entry and coding of accounting related transactions, invoices, and the timely submission of invoices and payments.
While day-to-day needs may vary, primary responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivable: post invoices, process payments from customers, research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion, and collection of past due invoices.
- Accounts Payable: full-cycle A/P including research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Data Entry: logging transactions, recording and reviewing journal entries, creating invoices, and crafting spreadsheets.
- Customer/Vendor Relations: communicate with vendors and clients about invoices and payments by email or phone.
- Financial Reports: help create, edit, and update financial reports; compile and prepare routine reports and summaries.
- Experience and knowledge working with QuickBooks preferred
- Microsoft Excel required
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting or finance) or relevant work experience
About Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres
Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a corporate law firm providing services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders and family offices. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, the firm boasts a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers. With offices in Chicago, Lake Forest, and Milwaukee, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with a small, agile, and driven law firm. For more information, please visit us online at crokefairchild.com