Private Client Senior Associate
Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a growing law firm headquartered in Chicago, with a team of over 50 attorneys. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, with a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced transactional lawyers and litigators, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with an agile and entrepreneurial-minded team of results-oriented, well-rounded professionals. We are driven by our core values: humility, respect, collaboration, partnership, and innovation.
We represent a diverse group of interesting clients, which include private equity firms, founders, family offices and public companies (among others), in sophisticated and complex legal matters and transactions.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious trust and estates attorney with at least five (5) years of experience in providing complex estate planning and administration services for individuals, business owners, and high net worth families. We are looking for someone who has experience handling a variety of matters at any given time, and will enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment. Our firm will be a good home for an attorney who is highly motivated and wants to grow and learn in a hands-on environment.
Compensation will be at market rates depending on qualifications. Remote opportunities available.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong technical knowledge of tax and estate planning concepts and the ability to apply these concepts in developing estate planning strategies and drafting the documents to effectuate them in various client situations
- Experience in administering estates and trusts, including preparation of estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
- Proactive problem-solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong collaborator and presenter with analytical and communication skills, and thorough research and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple clients and estates simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate directly with clients and work collaboratively with outside advisors
- Experience managing and training junior attorneys
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment that is on a growth trajectory
- Active J.D. license in Illinois
About Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres
Croke Fairchild Duarte & Beres is a corporate law firm providing services to businesses, private equity and venture firms and their portfolio companies, public companies, founders and family offices. Formed by partners who worked at preeminent international law firms, the firm boasts a deep bench of sophisticated and experienced corporate lawyers. With offices in Chicago and Milwaukee, our team provides exceptional legal service while affording our clients the benefits of working with a small, agile, and driven law firm. For more information, please visit us online at crokefairchild.com.
Location: United States – options available for remote work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive market rates