Kyle Shires is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office and a member of its corporate group. His practice focuses on complex business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and corporate finance transactions. Kyle has led transactions in a wide variety of industries, including financial services and FinTech, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, technology and software and industrials. Kyle also advises public and private companies regarding corporate governance, SEC disclosure, fiduciary duties and other corporate matters.
Kyle previously served as Vice President and Senior Counsel for Guaranteed Rate, Inc., a leading financial services company and one of the largest mortgage lenders in the United States. In that role, Kyle served as the company’s lead M&A lawyer and advised on transactional, financing, securities and corporate governance matters.
Kyle was previously an associate in the corporate groups of Sidley Austin and Jenner & Block and completed a secondment with Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation.
Representative transactions on which Kyle has advised include:
- Guaranteed Rate, Inc. in its acquisition of Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund, Inc.
- Guaranteed Rate, Inc. in its acquisition of Stearns Holdings, LLC
- Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (NYSE: JLL) in its acquisition of HFF, Inc. for approximately $2 billion
- Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE: APO) in its acquisition of Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited for approximately $2.6 billion
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) in its acquisition of Sitari Pharmaceuticals
- GlaxoSmithKline plc in its sale of Tapinarof assets to Dermavant Sciences GmbH for approximately $330 million
- Care Capital Properties, Inc. in its merger with Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc. (NASDAQ: SBRA), in a transaction valued at approximately $7.4 billion
- CareerBuilder in its acquisition of Workterra
- Masonite International Corporation (NYSE: DOOR) in its acquisition of Bridgewater Wholesalers, Inc.
- Livongo Health, Inc. in its acquisition of Diabeto
- Allstate’s private equity group in its investment in PrimaLoft, Inc.
- LSC Communications in its acquisition of the Quality Park business from Cenveo
- First Data Corporation in its sale of its Remittance Processing Business to Deluxe Corporation
- Starwood Waypoint Residential Trust in its merger with Colony American Homes Inc., in a transaction valued at approximately $7.7 billion
- Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. in its sale to a JAB Holding Company-led investor group for approximately $13.9 billion
- Aon Corporation (NYSE: AON) in multiple purchase and sale transactions
- AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE: ATR) in multiple acquisitions
- CHS Capital in its sale of TricorBraun Holdings, Inc. to AEA Investors LP for approximately $1.3 billion
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) in its sale of its global cocoa business to Olam International Limited for approximately $1.3 billion
- Archer Daniels Midland Company in its sale of its global chocolate business to Cargill Inc. for $440 million
- Representation of private equity firms, including Shoreview Industries, Thompson Street Capital Partners, Prospect Partners, Tenex Capital Management, CHS Capital, ClearPoint Investment Partners, Lovell Minnick Partners and LaSalle Capital Group in multiple purchase and sale transactions across a wide range of industries
Transactions handled prior to joining the firm.