Our non-profit attorneys act as trusted advisers to a wide variety of non-profit clients, both public charities and private foundations, with charitable purposes and programs of various kinds. We have worked with clients in the educational, healthcare, housing, and direct service segments and on variety of projects, including formation/startup services, public-private partnerships, and program-related investments. We have deep and specialized expertise working with faith-based organizations, foundations, affordable housing organizations and universities.
Faith-based organizations have their own characteristics and needs. Our non-profit attorneys have devoted much of their careers to serving this unique type of tax-exempt organization.
We partner with client leadership to provide innovative and practical advice with respect to their key strategic initiatives and priorities, including innovative funding solutions to enhance their mission. We ensure ongoing compliance and address their organization’s operational and management needs.
Leveraging the expertise of CFDB’s Public Finance, Finance & Liquidity Solutions and Corporate Governance practice groups, our non-profit advisory practice group counsels our clients on a wide variety of matters, including:
- Entity formation and structuring
- Tax counseling
- Board advisory services
- Outside general counsel services
- Risk management
- Preparation and review of corporate policies, procedures and best practices
- Acquisitions, dispositions and strategic affiliations
- Development and fundraising initiatives
- Debt issuance and establishment of credit facilities
- Real estate development transactions
- Employment agreements and other labor and employment matters
- Service agreements and vendor agreements
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- IRS and state filings